Transformer Safety System TSS
Purification and regeneration of electrical insulating oils is an important integral part of the measures aimed at improving reliability and extending life of power transformers.
Oil processing may involve a variety of emergencies (oil leaks, air in hoses, etc.), wasting precious time, and in some cases incurring unplanned costs.
Therefore, to enhance the safety of oil processing, GlobeCore suggests connecting oil processing systems through the TSS. This system can be used by the power industry, as well as oil-filled equipment servicing facilities.
TSS system construction:
- Two valves;
- Oil level sensor;
- Set of cables;
- Control cabinet.
TSS is used to connect the following types of equipment to transformer
- oil filtering equipment;
- oil degassing systems;
- oil drying units.
The oil purification plant is connected to a transformer via upper and lower ports. Each port is equipped with an automatic valve, which stops the unit when required, e.g. when an oil leak is detected.
The operator can set the normal upper and lower oil levels in the transformer tank. If the oil does not reach normal levels, a sensor commands the oil processing unit to stop and closes its connection to the transformer.
Possible air in the hoses trigger the air relief valve, eliminating false trips of the gas relay.
- Independence. This system can be used with any equipment, made by GlobeCore or by any other manufacturer;
- Versatility. The system is suited for oil purification, filtration and regeneration plants;
- Easy connection. An operator with basic skills can establish all necessary connections in just five minutes;
- Enables operation of oil purification equipment with energized transformers;
- TSS control panel can be attached either to the oil processing equipment (temporarily or permanently) or mounted on a separate support;
- Optional GSM-module enables remote control by mobile phone.